Oak Ridge Unitarian Universalist Church
Director of Operations
Oak Ridge Unitarian Universalist Church (ORUUC) seeks a full-time Director of Operations to support their mission. ORUUC serves the surrounding area by cultivating a community alive with justice and joy. We provide a supportive work environment, including mentoring for new employees.
We are an energetic congregation that just created a long-range plan focused on helping people come alive with purpose and passion; equipping ministry teams that learn, serve, and care; and serving the community with compassion and justice. You can find out more about the church at www.oruuc.org.
The ideal candidate is an experienced leader who enjoys a variety of tasks and works well with a diverse group of people. The Director of Operations will manage the systems and structures that make ORUUC effective.
The major job responsibilities include:
· Operation Management, including excellent stewardship of the ORUUC building and grounds.
· Administrative Support for ORUUC and its program Launchpad, which provides staff-sharing multi-campus operations for small and mid-sized congregations.
· Supervision of ORUUC administrative staff and management of contractors.
As a denominationally-endorsed “Welcoming Congregation,” ORUUC embraces and celebrates diversity, and enthusiastically invites applicants from historically marginalized communities to apply. ORUUC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and organizational need.
REQUIREMENTS (education, knowledge, skills, and abilities)
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 10 years of leadership experience
· 3 years supervisory experience
· 3 years facilities management experience, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Prioritize requests, organize, schedule, and coordinate a variety of activities and projects. Ability to multitask and be flexible in support of multiple people and clients.
· Manage building and grounds.
· Communicate well orally and in writing.
· Build and manage websites.
· Experience in the supervision of employees. Demonstrate the emotional intelligence to work well with others. Demonstrate awareness of how identity, culture, and power affect workplace dynamics, and show a commitment to promoting an anti-oppressive workplace. Excellent collaborator and team builder. Coordinate work and assist others in serving an organization and its mission.
· An understanding of Unitarian Universalist principles and a commitment to working with the congregation to fulfill its mission.
· Mastery of Microsoft Office, email management (MailChimp), database software, project management software, PayPal, Google Voice, Zoom
· Mastery of Social Media tools, admin capabilities for Facebook
Within denominational compensation guidelines, ORUUC upholds “fair compensation” practices.
Starting annual salary: $44,750
Benefits: insurance (health, life, disability) after 3 months; retirement after one year; 4 weeks vacation
To apply, send the following to Rev. Jake Morrill at firstname.lastname@example.org:
· Cover Letter
· Three References, with contact information
Applications accepted until June 28, at 5:00 PM eastern.
Position expected to begin no later than July 1.
Please send any questions to email@example.com.Please do not contact the church or Rev. Morrill directly through other channels about this position.